It is important to prepare your property for the winter to prevent damages. Cold temperatures can damage any type of property. This can result in costly repairs and/or a decrease in property value.
Below is a list of winter maintenance tips to prepare for the winter:
– Preparing for the winter requires much inspection. Start with inspecting heating systems, gutters, chimneys, and smoke alarms. These are quick fix items that you can do before the winter arrives.
– Even if there are no tenants currently living in your property, keep your heaters on a low setting. This prevents pipes from freezing and breaking. The cost of repairing broken pipes is much higher than a heating bill.
– Inspect your roof and make sure there are no issues. Take care of any bad spots on the roof. Strong winds can loosen or damage shingles. This can result in leaks. Cost of preparing a damaged roof is very high.
– It gets dark much earlier during the winter. Change old light bulbs before the season so that you don’t have to worry about it later down the road.
– Seal all gaps to reduce heating costs. Be vigilant about sealing all gaps on windows or doors. Waterproof sealing is important for the winter season.
At Whirlygig Properties we are CPM designated property managers. Through years of experience in commercial real estate development, we can focus on what’s most important for a property. We can assure you that your best interests are being protected. Feel secure knowing you have business partners with a long-standing, trustworthy track record.
5 Practical Upgrades for Your Rental Property
Properties are an investment. There are many ways to maximize your property’s rent rate. Simple ...read more
Ways for Commercial Management Companies to follow Green Practices
Residents love commercial property management companies that follow green practices. Not only do green ...read more
How to Prepare Commercial Properties for the Cooler Months
Commercial properties require extra attention during season changes. Especially during the winter, cold temperatures can ...read more
Maintaining AC Units in the Fall
Fall is the season when AC Units finally get some rest. With the proper maintenance, ...read more